For further reading on the subject of quasicrystals or quasi periodic crystals, below is a list of various papers written on the subject along with a list of articles the media has written on the subject. These lists will be updated regularly when we read new material we wish to share. None of these papers or articles are connected with Quantum Gravity Research.
Academic Papers on Quasicrystals
- Dan Shechtman, Ilan Blech (1984). “Metallic Phase with Long-Range Orientational Order and No Translational Symmetry.”
- Alan Mackay (1982). “Crystallography and the Penrose Pattern.”
- Paul Steinhardt. A list of papers he authored and co-authored on the subject of quasicrystals.
- Veit Elser, N.J.A Sloane. “A Highly Symmetric Four Dimensional Quasicrystal”.
- Michael Baake, Franz Gähler. “Symmetry Structure of the Elser-Sloane Quasicrystal”.
- J.F. Sadoc, R. Mosseri. “The E8 Lattice and Quasicrystals.”
- Justus A. Kromer, et al. “What Phasons Look Like: Particle Trajectories in a Quasicrystalline Potential.”
- Marjolein N. van der Linden, Jonathan P.K. Doye, Ard A. Louis (2012) “Formation of dodecahedral quasicrystals in two-dimensional systems of patchy particles”
- Pablo F. Damasceno, et al. (2012) “Predictive Self-Assembly of Polyhedra into Complex Structures.”
- John Gardiner (2012) “Fibonacci, quasicrystals and the beauty of flowers.”
- Kleman, Maurice (2011). Cosmic Forms.
- Amir Haji-Akbari, et al. (2009) “Disordered, quasicrystalline and crystalline phases of densely packed tetrahedra.”
- Kleman, Maurice (2002). Phasons and the Plastic Deformation of Quasicrystals.
- Dmitrienko, V E.; Kléman, M. (2001). Tetrahedral structures with icosahedral order and their relation to quasicrystals.
- Dmitrienko, V E.; Kléman, M. (1999). Icosahedral order and disorder in semiconductors.