Job summary: Our institute has an immediate opening for a research programmer. The successful candidate will be able to work with a group of scientists (physicists and mathematicians) to develop and run complicated simulations on geometric first principles physics models.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Clearly understand what the scientists want to model through discussions
- Develop user friendly codes for simulating the model and able to vary parameters or conditions easily
- Deliver results in timely manner
- Access and use computer clusters for intensive calculations
Qualifications and skills:
- Strong academic background in Mathematics
- 3+ years of coding experience
- Proficient (or strong background) in complicated coding, for example 3D modelling, optimization algorithms and combinatorics, with Python, Mathematica, C++, etc.
- Have experience Monte Carlo simulation and/or deep machine learning
- Able to work 9:00 – 6:00 on weekdays
- Able to understand and communicate well